Nate and I took a trip to Ross to see if we could find something better for cheap. I really wanted a quilt with blues, greens, and/or yellows. I found two quilt sets that fit our criteria. The first I didn't like as well - it was more masculine and the coloring wasn't quite right. The second was yellow with a green and brown flower design - not too feminine but not really a masculine appeal. I gave Nate the option of the two, though, because I didn't want him to have to deal with flowery bedding if he didn't want.
He chose the second! I love my man!
After getting the bed all set up, the bed still looked fairly bare. What do you do when you have a bare bed? Go shopping in your linen closet! I found two yellow throw pillows that weren't being used. They were exactly what I wanted for the bed!
I can't wait for getting other things checked off the list! I have some ideas in up my sleeves for getting other room things done!
- Lounge chair and ottoman for the corner between the book cases.
- Bedside table for Nate's side of the bed and then paint the two of them.
- Hang a gallery wall in the bedroom.
- Decorate the "other" room.
Get new bedding for the bedroom. The comforter we have now is ripped and yucky.DONE! ($35)
- Paint the dresser in the bedroom. (Not shown. I'll have to get a picture from the other angle at some point)